[Colorado Springs, Colo. – March 17, 2020] The El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is announcing temporary closures of all branch locations and suspension of Motor Vehicle, Driver’s License and Elections public facing services. Our Recording Department at Citizens Service Center will offer very limited services. Marriage licenses can be obtained via appointment to couples only, family and friends will be prohibited. Other recording services are available; however, it is strongly advised citizens mail documents that need to be recorded or deposit them into the external drop box on the building’s east side. Access to buildings and in-person services will be reduced beginning March 18, to help decrease the rate of COVID-19 transmission.
Motor Vehicle/ Driver’s License Services:
All Coloradans are encouraged to take advantage of the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicle’s 35 online services before visiting a DMV office. Go to mydmv.colorado.gov where you will find, in addition to driver’s license and motor vehicle renewals, many of the most popular services, such as:
The Department of Revenue is allowing citizens to do more online and avoid in-person contact in our offices. All eligible customers 21 and over are now able to renew driver’s licenses online (previously restricted to 21-65 years of age). If assistance is needed with motor vehicle or driver’s license services citizens can call 719-520-6240.
- Marriage licenses will be administered by appointment only to couples only, family and friends will be prohibited. Please call 719-520-6200 or email email@example.com to schedule
- Recording documents can be deposited in the external drop box at the east side of Citizens Service Center or submitted via mail to, PO Box 2007, Colorado Springs, CO 80901-2007
- Copy requests may be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other recording services are available at the Citizens Service Center
Elections Services Online Available:
- In-person elections services will not be available. To register to vote, or update your registration, please visit GoVoteColorado.gov, call our office at 719-575-8683 or email@example.com for elections assistance
Liquor & Medical Marijuana License Applications:
- In-Person Services will not be available. Licensing Information can be found on the El Paso County Clerk to the Board website or by calling 719-520-6430.
- Completed license applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to PO Box 2007, Colorado Springs, CO 80901-2007
For continued and updated information please visit our website at clerkandrecorder.elpasoco.com and follow us on our social media pages on Facebook and Twitter.