Simply put, strategic planning is assessing our current efforts and charting a course to maintain and/or improve desired services for our citizens. The Strategic Plan helps us make decisions on allocating human and capital resources to achieve the identified goals, strategies, and objectives.
Further, the Strategic Plan encourages collaborations, partnerships and creative thought among County leadership, partners, stakeholders, municipalities and citizens. Finally, the Strategic Plan clearly communicates the County’s intended direction over the next five years.
El Paso County is a regional leader providing valued and necessary community services in the most cost-effective manner.
- El Paso County is recognized as a national model and proven leader in providing excellent citizen services.
- We reflect our community’s values and traditions when serving our citizens and guests.
- We strive for and embrace partnerships and innovation in developing a sustainable and vibrant regional economy.
- We deliver efficient, transparent and effective services.
We are committed to financially sustainable, cost-effective County government that provides core services that are valued by our citizens.
We engage citizens, other local governments, non-profit organizations, and the business community to collaboratively achieve common goals through trust, respect, example, vision, and commitment.
We are responsible for our decisions and actions. We are accountable and transparent.
We value a high standard of excellence and professionalism and take pride in our employees. We invest in our work force.
We are an inclusive and innovative community where citizens are engaged and active and assume personal responsibility for themselves, their homes and neighborhoods
We are pioneers in creatively providing proactive and responsive customer services that are recognized as models of best practices.
We encourage economic strength by supporting a strong local economy, removing barriers to business, promoting tourism, retaining local talent in our workforce, and maintaining low taxes
- Maintain and promote a financially sustainable County government that is transparent and effective.
- Continue to enhance the understanding of civic services and promote participation, engagement and confidence in County government.
- Maintain and improve the County transportation system, facilities, infrastructure and technology.
- Consistently support regional economic strength.
- Strive to ensure a safe, secure, resilient, and healthy community.