Web Site Disclaimer
The El Paso County web site and any domain names that point to sites therein are provided as a public service to the citizens of El Paso County. Information and data on the El Paso County web site (INCLUDING THE DATA LINKS TO OTHER OUTSIDE AGENCIES OR OTHER GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES, e.g. The CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS, OR SCHOOL DISTRICTS LISTED ON EL PASO COUNTY’S WEB SITE) should not be relied upon by any other governmental entity, individual, company or group. Therefore, no warranty, expressed or implied, is made regarding the correctness, accuracy or utility of the data on any other system for any purpose. Nor does the act of distribution constitute any such warranty. Further, any and all entities, and persons described above and below are hereby put on notice that all information currently being distributed through the El Paso County web site may, without notice, cease to be distributed at any time in the future. This disclaimer applies both to the individual use of this data and aggregate use with other data. El Paso County assumes no liability whatsoever for the use of this data by any governmental entity, individual person, group, or any type of business, whether incorporated or otherwise. Any such persons or businesses that rely on this data for any reason whatsoever, do so at their own risk. El Paso County assumes no liability whatsoever for the illegal or criminal use of any data being distributed through the County web site. Further, El Paso County does not waive its governmental immunity in distributing this data and specifically retains this immunity and all defenses available to it through applicable state law including the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act cited as CRS Section 24-10-101 et. seq. The responsibility for individual office and department content rests with the organizations that are providing the information. The inclusion of links from these sites does not imply endorsement by El Paso County. El Paso County makes no effort to independently verify, and does not exert editorial control over, information on pages outside of the County’s Web site. El Paso County does not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced in this web site. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational purposes only.
Web Site Copyright
All content on the El Paso County web site and any domain names that point to sites therein Copyright © 2005 by El Paso County, Colorado, All Rights Reserved. All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of El Paso County, Colorado or its content suppliers and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of El Paso County, Colorado or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
Web Site Visitor Privacy
Automatically Collected Data:
El Paso County collects certain data about all visitors to our web site and any domain names that point to sites therein. Data automatically collected on site visitors:
- Internet protocol (IP) address and domain name. The IP address is a numerical Identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. The IP address can be translated to determine the domain name of your service provider.
- The type of browser and operating system you use to access the El Paso County web site and any domain names that point to sites therein.
- The date and time you visited this site.
- The web pages or services you accessed while at the El Paso County web site and any domain names that point to sites therein.
- The website you visited before coming to the El Paso County web site and any domain names that point to sites therein.
- The information automatically collected is used to improve the content of our web services and to help us understand how people are using our services so that we may continually improve the site’s usefulness to the public.
Information collected when you participate in a survey, send an email, request information or perform some other transaction online will be used solely for the stated purpose. This may be to respond to you, to address issues you may identify, to improve our website, or to forward the email to another internal department or office of an elected official for appropriate action. Survey information may be used to improve services and better gauge constituent sentiment on issues ranging from County services to website look and feel. All collected information is only shared internally and will not be distributed. Survey data will only be released in an aggregated format.
Measures have been taken to safeguard the integrity of user volunteered data to prevent unauthorized access to information collected by El Paso County. These measures are designed to prevent corruption of data, block unauthorized access and provide reasonable protection of private information in our possession. This should not be construed as warranting the security of information provided via the El Paso County web site and any domain names that point to sites therein.
Web Site Links
Link guidelines apply to the primary El Paso County Web site and the child domains and sites contained therein. The County Administrator may authorize exceptions to these guidelines. Although the following list identifies links that are acceptable from the El Paso County Web site, these guidelines do not require that the County provide links to all web sites that meet these criteria. Posting of links acceptable under this policy is at the discretion of the department director or elected official posting the link.
- To any government agency that receives funding through the collection of taxes and provides services within the taxing area.
- To software download sites necessary to view information or run programs associated with the functionality of the site (i.e. Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- To organizations with which the county contracts to provide essential services. For many reasons, the county has elected to contract with private entities to provide some services the county would otherwise need to provide.
- To organizations with which the county contracts for non-essential services, if the service is provided by no other competing organization in the State of Colorado. An example of this is the Colorado Office of Resource and Referral Agencies, a non-profit organization that provides a unique child care referral service.