August 3, 2020 – The El Paso County Combined Courthouse will be closed for two weeks starting Monday, August 3, after a court staff member working in the El Paso County Judicial Building tested positive for COVID-19. The Courthouse will only be open for essential functions for the next two weeks, and closed to all other business through August 14, 2020.
The court staff member who tested positive for COVID-19 was quarantined beginning the afternoon of July 31, 2020. The staff member was not assigned to any jury trials, but worked a criminal docket on July 27, 2020, in Division 15 and a four-hour proceeding on July 29, 2020, in Division 19. Anyone who appeared in Division 15 or 19 on these dates is asked to email 04Administration@judicial.state.co.us for more information and to assist with contact tracing.
From August 3 through August 14, visitors to the El Paso County Combined Courthouse will only be permitted to enter for filing of the following documents:
- To file a petition for temporary civil protection order and attend a protection order hearing
- To file a petition for a temporary emergency risk protection order and attend an emergency risk protection order hearing
- To file a petition for the appointment of an emergency guardianship and/or special conservator
- To file a motion to restrict parenting time and/or parental abduction prevention
- To file a petition for judicial bypass
Furthermore, parties to certain proceedings, to include attorneys, witnesses, victims, law enforcement, and press may appear for the following proceedings unless directed to appear by WebEx or phone:
- Detention hearings for juvenile delinquency cases
- Shelter hearings in dependency and neglect cases or other juvenile proceedings
- Emergency mental health proceedings
- And, any other matter as deemed necessary by the Chief Judge
If you were scheduled to appear in El Paso County Combined Court, please contact the division clerk for additional information about appearing by WebEx, phone, or rescheduling. Click here for a list of divisions including contact information.
For more information on this closure, please visit the El Paso County Combined Courts website or call the courthouse at 719-452-5000.