February 14, 2023 – El Paso County Park staff highlighted the support provided by the 2022 Partners in the Park at the El Paso County Park Advisory Board meeting on February 8, 2023.
The Partners in the Park program was created in 2009 to provide financial support for a respective County park, trail, open space, events center, or nature center. Since 2009, this program has generated approximately $437,500 in funding which is used exclusively for El Paso County Parks; to preserve open spaces, trails, sustain park amenities, and to ensure ongoing sustainability for a specific park.
“We are grateful for the continued commitment our partners have to the legacy and stewardship of El Paso County Parks,” said Todd Marts, El Paso County Community Services Executive Director. “Through their generous support, El Paso County provides enhanced opportunities to keep our parks accessible to everyone in our community.”
2022 Partners in the Park:
- GE Johnson | Bear Creek Regional Park
- Buffalo Gals | Bear Creek Nature Center
- Heuberger Subaru | Bear Creek Dog Park & Fox Run Dog Park
- Tender Care Veterinary Center | Falcon Dog Park
- Gold Hill Mesa | Bear Creek Nature Center
- The Scott Lauther Foundation | Bear Creek Nature Center
- Bob & Elly Hostetler | Fox Run Regional Park
- Olson Plumbing & Heating Co. | Fountain Creek Nature Center
- E.S., Inc. | New Santa Fe Regional Trail
- Martin Marieta | Santa Fe Open Space
- Scheels | Pineries Open Space
- El Pomar Foundation | Paint Mines Interpretive Park
- NextEra Energy Resources | Paint Mines Interpretive Park
- Farmers State Bank | Fair & Events Center
With the generous and faithful support of these partners, El Paso County Parks has been able to provide numerous upgrades and ensure sustainability to the Park System for current and future generations.
If you or your company would be interested in supporting the ongoing operations and maintenance of a favorite park, trail, open space, or nature center or just want to learn more about the Partners in the Park program, please contact Dana Nordstrom, at (719) 499-1335 or email@example.com.