November 2, 2021 – Starting Monday, Nov. 1, construction work begins on the Fountain Mesa Road and Caballero/Fortman Avenue Intersection Improvements Project. The public can expect to see the following:
- Lane closures on Fountain Mesa Road from Caballero Avenue to Fontaine Boulevard
- NOTE: Traffic shifts to one lane of traffic in each direction
- The Fountain Mesa Road and Caballero Avenue intersection will be converted to a four-way stop
From Monday, Nov. 1 through Wednesday, Nov. 24 work will include:
- Asphalt milling/overlay paving and striping operations on Fountain Mesa Road
- Lane closures and traffic switches on Fountain Mesa Road from Caballero Avenue to Fontaine Boulevard
After the November 25 Thanksgiving Holiday construction will switch to the intersection of Fountain Mesa Road and Caballero/Fortman Avenue.
NOTE: Construction activities are weather dependent and subject to change, which may impact this construction schedule and duration.
For More Information
Project Phone/Recorded Messages: 719-244-9674
Stay informed: Send an email requesting to receive project updates to: