September 14, 2021 – El Paso County Department of Public Works has contracted with Martin Marietta Materials for the 2021 Asphalt Paving Contract. Beginning September 20, the contractor will begin milling and paving operations on McLaughlin Road from Flower Road north through Tompkins Road.
Lane closures are planned to be in place from September 20 through October 8 for milling and paving operations. Lane closures increase safety and efficiency and reduce the overall duration of project.
Lane Closures and Detours:
- McLaughlin Rd from Eastonville Rd to Tompkins Rd: Lane closure to southbound traffic. Traffic heading south will continue on Tompkins Rd to Eastonville Rd. Turn right on Eastonville Rd. Tun left onto McLaughlin to continue south.
- McLaughlin Rd from Woodmen Rd to Eastonville Rd: Lane closure to northbound traffic. Traffic heading north will turn left on Woodmen Rd, turn right on Meridian Rd N, turn right onto Eastonville Rd, and turn left onto McLaughlin Rd to continue north.
- McLaughlin Rd from Flower Rd to Woodmen Rd: Lane closure to northbound traffic. Traffic heading north will turn left onto Flower Rd, turn right onto Meridian Rd, turn right onto Woodmen Rd, and left onto McLaughlin Rd to continue north.
- Drivers will need to take alternate routes during construction
- Access will only be provided to residents adjacent to the work
- Reduce speeds and use caution when traveling through the work zone
- Watch for workers, equipment, signs, and barricades
- Plan for added travel time for those using detours
El Paso County wishes to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation. Road closures will accelerate the safe and efficient completion of this project. Funding for this project is provided through the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority.
For more information and questions: