El Paso County, CO, July 16, 2020 – Starting on Monday, July 20, Old Meridian Road between Falcon Hwy and Swingline Road will be closed. El Paso County Department of Public Works’ contractor, HEI Civil, will close the road for approximately 3 weeks. Crews will complete asphalt preparation and paving in connection with the US 24 and Meridian Road Improvements Project.
Expect work to be done during the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Limited weekend or night work is possible. The construction schedule is subject to change. All work is dependent on weather and resource availability. Project completion is anticipated in Summer 2021. Updates will be provided as the project progresses.
Detour for Drivers & Motorists:
- Motorists are encouraged to use Falcon Hwy and US 24
- Local traffic will access Swingline Road from Old Meridian Road during the closure
- Connecting “New” Meridian to US 24 and extending it to Falcon Highway
- Creating a full movement signalized intersection at “New” Meridian and US 24
- Converting the full movement “Old” Meridian and US 24 intersection to right in/right out access only
- Constructing a Park-n-Ride facility south of US 24 adjacent to “New” Meridian and “Old” Meridian.
Future updates will be provided as the project transitions through each phase.
Safety Tips for Drivers & Motorists:
- Reduce speed in construction zone
- Watch for workers, equipment, signs and barricades
- Refrain from tailgating
El Paso County wishes to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation. Cautious and attentive driving within the project area will ensure the safety and efficient completion of this project.
Funding for this project is provided by Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA), the Federal Highway Association and El Paso County.
For more information and questions: