October 22, 2021 – El Paso County Department of Public Works has contracted with Martin Marietta Materials (MMM) for the 2021 Asphalt Paving Contract. A MMM sub-contractor will begin the epoxy striping operations on Highway 105 the evening of October 24th. Work will progress generally from the north of the County to the south. Operations are expected to occur between 8:00 pm and 6:00 am but are subject to change to daytime hours due to weather conditions. Rolling lane closures are planned to be in place from October 24th through November 19th for striping operations.
Drivers and Motorists:
- Encouraged to take alternate routes to avoid delays
- Plan for extra travel time through this area
- Access will only be provided to residents adjacent to the work
- Reduce speeds in work zone
- Watch for workers, equipment, signs, and barricades
- Turn on headlights so that you are visible to workers and other drivers
El Paso County wishes to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation. Road closures will accelerate the safe and efficient completion of this project. Funding is provided through the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority.
For a list of all other road construction and maintenance projects in El Paso County, please visit
For more information and questions: