February 10, 2021 – El Paso County Park staff highlighted the support provided by the 2020 Partners in the Park at the Park Advisory Board meeting on February 10.
The Partners in the Park program was created in 2009 to provide financial support for a respective County park, trail, or nature center. Since 2009, this program has generated approximately $240,000 in funding which is used exclusively for El Paso County Parks; to preserve open space, sustain park amenities and to ensure ongoing sustainability for a specific park.
“We are very thankful for the great community support for our Partners in the Park Program” said Tim Wolken, El Paso County Community Services Executive Director. “This funding has allowed us to complete a variety of special projects in our park system.”
2020 Partners in the Park:
- Robert & Ellen Hostetler for Fox Run Regional Park
- GE Johnson for Bear Creek Regional Park
- Heuberger Subaru for Bear Creek Dog Park & Fox Run Dog Park
- Gold Hill Mesa for Bear Creek Nature Center
- The Scott Lauther Foundation for Bear Creek Nature Center
- Olson Plumbing & Heating for Fountain Creek Nature Center
- Tender Care Veterinary Center for Falcon Dog Park
- InTouch Home Team for Bear Creek Regional Park EAST
- Dapper Dan Homes for Widefield Community Park
With the generous and faithful support of these partners, El Paso County Parks has been able to provide numerous upgrades and ensure sustainability to the park system for current and future generations.
“The Partners in the Park program provides critical funding to ensure our parks continue to be a community asset,” said Ed Hartl, Park Advisory Board Chair. “We hope that more citizens and businesses will see the value in this program and partner with the County as stewards of our El Paso County Parks.”
If you or your company would be interested in supporting the ongoing operations and maintenance of a favorite park, trail, open space, or nature center or just want to learn more about the Partners in the Park program, please contact Dana Nordstrom, at (719) 499-1335 or email@example.com.