Apr 19, 2023 – El Paso County Department of Public Works has contracted with Kiewit Infrastructure Co. for the 2022 Additional Funding Roads Resurfacing Contract. Kiewit Infrastructure will be conducting crack repair operations on Meridian Road N at the intersection with Tourmaline Drive on the morning of April 24th, and it is anticipated to take one (1) working day to complete, weather permitting. The detour is planned to be in place during working hours only, from approximately 7:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. This closure will allow for expedited crack repair through the intersection.
Work will include:
- Removing the existing asphalt
- Conducting necessary subgrade compaction work
- Replacing and compacting the asphalt
Closures and detours:
- Drivers will be detoured while the closures are in place during working hours.
- Access to and from Tourmaline Drive will be maintained for local traffic during working hours.
- The road will reopen completely once the work is completed.
Drivers are reminded to reduce speeds and to watch for workers, equipment, signs and barricades. El Paso County wishes to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation. Closures will accelerate the safe and efficient completion of this project. Funding is provided through El Paso County Road and Bridge.
Vicinity map below with detour outlined.