March 16, 2021 – Beginning Monday, March 29, Medicine Bow Avenue will be closed at Fountain Mesa Road. El Paso County Department of Public Works will conduct maintenance work on Fountain Mesa Road and Medicine Bow Ave. The maintenance will include replacing the concrete crosspan, patching, and cleanup. The project is expected to be completed in one week, weather and resources permitting.
Road Closure and Detours:
- Medicine Bow Ave will be closed east of Fountain Mesa Road and west of Millbrook Circle to through traffic.
- Drivers will be detoured to Fortman Ave for northbound and southbound traffic.
- Drivers encouraged to seek alternate route of travel
- Reduce speeds in work zone
- Watch for workers, equipment, signs, and barricades
- Always expect the unexpected
Road closures will accelerate the safe and efficient completion of this project.
For a list of all other road construction and maintenance projects in El Paso County, please visit
Vicinity map attached with detour outlined.
For more information and questions: