October 4, 2023 – El Paso County launched a substantial software systems upgrade for the Assessor’s and Treasurer’s offices in August of 2023. This upgrade replaced legacy systems that existed longer than their initially projected life cycles and improved the County’s ability to provide efficient and accessible services.
Adopting this modern software ensures El Paso County will have the latest features and tools, expanding the software system’s capabilities. Some upgrade benefits include:
- Allowing the Assessor and Treasurer to share a single data source, significantly improving the accuracy and timeliness of the information
- Connecting with external platforms, such as:
- Online websites for residents to look up their property value and pay taxes
- Platforms for Sub-tax investors to manage their holdings and bid on new ones
- Improved web applications for title companies to obtain tax information on properties
- Allowing residents to register to receive their tax statements via email instead of paper statements
All current and historic records were transferred to the new system. This software update introduces a more efficient infrastructure, reducing taxpayer costs and aligning with the County’s core values.