November 8, 2022 – El Paso County administrative and elected administrative offices and affiliated agencies will be closed on Friday, November 11, in observance of Veterans Day.
The closure includes the following:
• El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office – North Brach located at the Union Town Center will also be closed on Saturday, November 12
• El Paso County Combined Courts
• Offices of the 4th Judicial District Attorney
• Pikes Peak Workforce Center
• CSU Extension
• Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
• El Paso County Public Health
The El Paso County Department of Human Services will be closed Friday, November 11. Families and individuals can apply for Food Assistance, manage case information, or find more information on assistance programs online at www.Colorado.gov/PEAK.
The 11th day of the 11th month of the year was initially designated as Armistice Day in 1919 to commemorate the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, November 11 was designated as Veterans Day in 1954 to remember those who served our country in uniform. Approximately 100,000 veterans call the Pikes Peak region home, and all residents of El Paso County are urged to join in offering their thanks and appreciation for their service.
Offices will return to their normal business hours on Monday, November 14.