February 11, 2022 – El Paso County Park staff highlighted the support provided by the 2021 Partners in the Park at the Park Advisory Board meeting on February 9, 2022.
The Partners in the Park program was created in 2009 to provide financial support for a respective County park, trail, open space, events center, or nature center. Since 2009, this program has generated approximately $310,000 in funding which is used exclusively for El Paso County Parks; to preserve open spaces, trails, sustain park amenities, and to ensure ongoing sustainability for a specific park.
“We are continually grateful for the commitment and collaboration with our Partners in the Park,” said Todd Marts, El Paso County Community Services Executive Director. “El Paso County is able to fund more engagement opportunities and keep our parks accessible through the support from our Partners.”
2021 Partners in the Park:
- GE Johnson | Bear Creek Regional Park
- Heuberger Subaru | Bear Creek Dog Park & Fox Run Dog Park
- Tender Care Veterinary Center | Falcon Dog Park
- Gold Hill Mesa | Bear Creek Nature Center
- The Scott Lauther Foundation | Bear Creek Nature Center
- Bob & Elly Hostetler | Fox Run Regional Park
- Olson Plumbing & Heating Co. | Fountain Creek Nature Center
- InTouch Home Team | Bear Creek Regional Park EAST
- E.S., Inc. | New Santa Fe Regional Trail
- Scheels | Pineries Open Space
- NextEra Energy Resources | Paint Mines Interpretive Park
- Farmers State Bank | Fair & Events Center
With the generous and faithful support of these partners, El Paso County Parks has been able to provide numerous upgrades and ensure sustainability to the Park System for current and future generations.
“The Partners in the Park program is essential to the stewardship of our parks system,” said Jim Cassidy, Park Advisory Board member. “We are grateful for the support of these partners who choose to fill the gap, allowing us to enhance our communities in El Paso County.”
If you or your company would be interested in supporting the ongoing operations and maintenance of a favorite park, trail, open space, or nature center or just want to learn more about the Partners in the Park program, please contact Dana Nordstrom, at (719) 499-1335 or email@example.com.