El Paso County Assessor Steve Schleiker will host a series of “meet and greet” public forums during April to help the public better understand the impacts they will see during the upcoming 2019 property reappraisal.
Schleiker said, “With the record number of sales, and our county at the top of the nation for real estate activity, this reappraisal is going to be a challenging one to say the least. We want to make sure that our customers have complete understanding of the process. These meetings are designed to help the public feel more comfortable with their reappraisal experience. We have placed their concerns as our top priority.”
The Assessor’s Office has teamed up with the Council of Neighbors and Organizations (CONO) to host the five upcoming meet and greet forums, beginning April 2 with the final meeting scheduled for April 18.
Here are the dates, times and locations of the meetings:
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019: Ruth Holley Library, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., 685 N. Murray Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80915
- Thursday, April 4, 2019: Tap Traders, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., 3104 N. Nevada Ave., #100, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019: Briargate YMCA, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., 4025 Family Pl., Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019: Westside Community Center, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., 1628 W. Bijou St., Colorado Springs, CO 80904
- Thursday, April 18, 2019: Sand Creek Library, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., 1821 S. Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80916