November 3, 2023 – El Paso County administrative and elected administrative offices and affiliated agencies will be closed on Friday, November 10, in observance of Veteran’s Day.
The closure includes the following:
- El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office (all locations)
- El Paso County Treasurer’s Office
- El Paso County Assessor’s Office
- El Paso County Department of Public Health
- El Paso County Coroner’s Office
- El Paso County Combined Courts
- Offices of the 4th Judicial District Attorney
- El Paso County Public Trustee
- Pikes Peak Workforce Center
- CSU Extension
The El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office North Branch Office located in Union Town Center will also be closed on Saturday, November 11, 2023, in observance of Veteran’s Day.
The El Paso County Department of Human Services will be closed Friday, November 10. Visit www.Colorado.gov/PEAK to manage case information, apply for SNAP (Food Assistance), or learn about additional programs.
The 11th day of the 11th month of the year was initially designated as Armistice Day in 1919 to commemorate the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Nov. 11 was designated as Veterans Day in 1954 to remember those who served our country in uniform. More than 100,000 veterans call the Pikes Peak region home and all residents of El Paso County are urged to join in offering their thanks and appreciation for their service.
Offices will return to their normal business hours on Monday, November 13.