El Paso County, CO, May 24, 2023 – El Paso County has been recognized with eight NACo Achievement Awards from the National Association of Counties (NACo). The awards honor innovative, effective county government programs that strengthen services for residents. The following departments were awarded for their programs:
- Park & Community Services Department: Trailability Program: Increasing Universal Access to Trails
- Department of Human Services: Post-TANF Program
- Veterans Services Division: PACT Act Stand Down Nomination and Appeal Specialist and Virtual Hearing Office
- Department of Human Services: AND Navigator Program
- Community Navigators and Public Health: Expanding the Impact of Resource Navigation Through Community Connection
- Justice Services: El Paso County Community Corrections Video Victim Impact Statement Project
- Communications Department, Digital Strategy & Technology, and Government Affairs: Citizen Connect Public Engagement Program
Nationally, awards are given in 18 different categories that reflect the vast, comprehensive services counties provide. The categories include children and youth, criminal justice and public safety, county administration, information technology, health, civic engagement and many more.
Started in 1970, NACo’s annual Achievement Awards program is designed to recognize county government innovations. Each nominee is judged on its own merits and not against other applications received.
To view a complete list of award winners, follow this link: https://www.naco.org/resources/awards-programs/achievement-awards-program-search?county=El%20Paso%20County,%20Colo