Storm hits Ute Pass area hardest; El Paso County Office of Emergency Management activated for area flooding.
Situation update 5:20 p.m.:
- Emergency Operations Center Activated at 4:10 p.m.
- Manitou low lying areas evacuated and flooding reported along Canon Avenue
- Highway 24 Westbound Closed in Ute Pass due to flooding
- Evacuation Center established at First Congregational Church on Pawnee in Manitou. Please enter the church from the back entrance (drive up via a one-way street).
- Motorists should avoid driving into running water even shallow water can float a vehicle
- Hail widespread through the area with bigger impact reported in Fountain Valley area
- Red Cross is opening an evacuation center at 105 North Weber in downtown Colorado Springs
- Heavy Street flooding reported in the Security-Widefield Area
- Reverse 9-1-1 sent to Manitou and Ute Pass to evacuate low lying areas
OEM is monitoring weather reports and watching carefully as a second storm pass is now predicted in the Ute Pass Area between 7 and 8 p.m.
El Paso County Public Works is dispatching road equipment to assist with debris removal and damage in the Cascade and Green Mountain Falls area.
Updates posted on FaceBook and Twitter.