August 13, 2020 – Beginning Monday, August 17, McLaughlin Road will be closed between Flower Road and the Rock Island Trail Head entrance south of Woodmen Road. The County will conduct maintenance on McLaughlin Bridge. The project is scheduled to be completed in six weeks, weather permitting.
- Replacing the bridge deck
- Repaving on the bridge
- Painting the bridge
Road Closure Includes:
- McLaughlin Road will be closed south of Woodmen Road and north of Old Meridian Road to through traffic.
- Business access along McLaughlin Road will remain open.
- McLaughlin Road will be closed completely at the bridge south of the Rock Island Trailhead entrance and north of Flower Road.
Detour for Drivers & Motorists:
- Drivers will be detoured to Meridian Road for northbound and Woodmen Road for southbound traffic.
- Old Meridian Road is closed west of the newly constructed roundabout.
- Drivers needing direct access to Old Meridian from the west will be directed northbound to Meridian Road.
- Drivers needing direct access to Old Meridian west of the newly constructed roundabout will be directed northbound to Highway 24, westbound to Woodmen Road and southbound to Meridian Road (for drivers requiring access to Rolling Thunder Way).
Safety Tips for Drivers & Motorists:
- Dedicate your full attention to the roadway
- Don’t tailgate
- Obey the posted speed limit
- Periodic additional traffic control may occur during this period, follow instructions from traffic controllers
Vicinity map below with detour outlined.
For more information and questions: